Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Evading the Judges!

For quite sometime I have been thinking about why people judge others. I used to be entirely against the idea at one point in my life and still try not to judge. But I end up judging too. Sad but I do! And the funny part is some of the judgmental lot I like to judge happily!

I remember how I used to be against Indian conservative society which in some way I think promotes judging. The conservative attitude in which you judge a girl because of her attire, judge her for mingling with boys, even if she is just being friendly. They can even judge you if you have had romantic relationships. Really?

Then there is another type of judgmental lot. They judge you on the basis of your outer, material being. The brands you carry, amount of money you make, the kind of gifts you give, the way you look and the kind of friends/contacts you have. Not to forget, they might be embarrassed to have you around if you don't look good or are not flaunting something expensive when they are out with you in public. And at the same time they will compete with you! If you have everything that they want you to have then they would want to have more than you! Bigger diamonds, a better car, a better place to live in, better brands and a better lifestyle. Where does it end?

This is me judging them: I think they do it just to prop their egos. To make them feel they are better than others. Superiority complex /defense mechanism and sometimes even inferiority complex..

I mean who the hell are we? Is it our life? Its not! Why do we judge?

But, the problem is we don't even realize when we start judging. It is so subconscious sometimes. For instance, successful people are generally appreciated no matter how they attained their success. And what about someone who has put in an equal amount of effort but still didn't get anything? Are we supposed to appreciate that person less? No! But people do!

It starts from a mere habit in someone that you don't appreciate and can extend to a vice in someone you can't stand! Everyone including me is judging others in some way or the other. A way in which we kind of form groups or circles. In order to segregate who we want to be with/who we want to talk to/ who we want to be friends with and who are good as acquaintances.

Aren't we supposed to like/dislike people on the basis of who they "really" are? I know to some extent I am judging here, but all I should be concerned about is - if you think well of me, you are nice to me, you have a good heart, you are fair, you don't "consciously" hurt me/others and you wish well for others. Beyond this should I really care? And, if I do, then why the hell should I?

I seriously want to meet someone who does not judge! I want to know how he/she does it!

Lastly, I know I have been pretty vocal about certain things in this post. And some of you might not like me for whatever I have written. But the point is this is me, this is the way I feel - you like it- like me - you don't like it then judge me! Be my guest! :)

4 comments:

  1. If people judge you (or me), then that's their problem, I'd say :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look who has come out of the shell! :)
      Well, the problem is all of us judge that makes it our problem! :)

      Delete